Sunday, April 5, 2015

Puyallup---March 23, 2015

Dear family,

I am so happy to hear from you. It's good to hear words of encouragement and love from all of you. Mom, thanks for sending the picture of Grandma and Grandpa's wedding! I'm going to look for a camera chord that can fit so I can send you pictures as well. I found my wallet, after I got everything replaced... Oh well. I'm glad I found it! 

This week has been another miraculous week. It's becoming the norm. Elder Hamula of the Seventy taught us to exercise enough faith to expect miracles. I have seen it impact the way I think about the Lord's work, because it really is His alone. He could do it without us, but I'm grateful he lets us play a part. 

This week, while on exchanges, "J C" accepted a baptismal date!! We also found one new investigator named "M", and she said we could come back on April 6. We also found an incredible potential investigator named "S". We contacted her right outside on her doorstep and she was excited to have us come back. We invited her to church on Sunday and told us that her husband would also be interested in having discussions with us. They weren't able to attend this Sunday, but we stopped by yesterday evening and they let us in for a glass of water! They are hands down the nicest couple I've met on my mission. 

I was so excited when "J" accepted the invitation to be baptized. He's such a good kid. We're going to focus more on seeking to learn by faith and searching for truth on his own. In James 1:22-24 it states, "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was."

I know that as we LIVE the gospel of Jesus Christ, by exercising faith unto repentance, everyday of our lives, we can know and understand the doctrine. What is one thing you can do to apply what you know? If you know that Jesus Christ lives today, what are you going to do because of it? 

I love you all very much and I look forward to talking with you on Mother's Day. 

Love,

Elder Herbert