Monday, April 6, 2015

Puyallup--April 6, 2015

Dearest family,

It's so good to hear from you. Thank you for sending a package mom. I'm sure I'll get it tomorrow at zone conference. I can try and look for the camera charger cord today when we go shopping. If I can't find one, I'll send you the information on the charger unit. Then you can see pictures of Puyallup, WA. And me of course!

Please pray for "J". He got caught with illegal marijuana possession and is in jail for a couple of days. He wasn't able to watch General Conference because of it. There are still some things that we need to teach him, but needless to say he won't be getting baptized anytime soon. Missionaries actually go to the Stake Center to watch Conference. Our mission president allowed us to watch in a member's home if we had an investigator with us, but we didn't have any investigators watch conference with us. 

There are a lot of competing priorities in this world. I have heard people here say they like watching TV evangelists because it's so much more convenient and that way they can wash their cars on Sunday without having to miss church!!! What??! Satan is really good at getting people distracted. I heard that from a couple we contacted yesterday. We asked them what they did to celebrate Easter and they said, "washed our cars." There's a lot of work to be done. 

Jessica, I'm glad you realize the importance of the Savior. I've been trying my hardest to teach our investigators the importance of the Savior. It's really cool to see how the restored gospel increases faith in Christ more than anything else. No matter if you're already Christian or not, the gospel does more to strengthen faith in Christ than anything else. I love you very much.

Aaron I love you too! I did enjoy conference. My favorite talk was Elder Oaks' talk on the parable of the sower. It reminded me of the importance to stay focused in Sacrament meeting. If we don't use that sacred time, we can't receive the promised blessings. What was your favorite talk?

Sarah, I'm excited to see you too! I miss your faces! I'm also really excited for Mother's Day. I love you so much.

I hope you all have a good week!

Love,

Elder Herbert