Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Kent--April 14, 2015

Dear family,

I'm so grateful for the time I've had to serve in the Manorwood Ward. I'm now getting transferred to the Park Orchard Ward in Kent, WA. My new companion is Elder Walters. I'm so grateful for the experiences I've had in Manorwood. I have to tell you of one special experience I had here. We met the kindest man last week. His name is "A". He pulled up to us on the side of the road and asked us to look for his dog, which looked like Spiky from the Little Rascals. We went up and down hills on bike through the neighborhood until it got late. He had given us his number, so we gave him a call and told him we couldn't find her. He expressed so much gratitude to us. He said that his dog came back home eventually. He asked us to come over for lunch the next day. He said he was the son of a preacher from Laramie, WY and knew lots of LDS people. So we got his address and headed over to his house for lunch. We had a lively discussion about the restoration and his religious background. His belief in God is teetering, but he expressed gratitude for the moral guidance he received from a Christian background. Then on our way he gave us clif protein bars, gatorade, and each a $10 Walmart gift card. 

One thing I learned from this experience is that there is still so much good in the world, and every opportunity to find people to teach and serve others should be taken. I'm glad to be on the Lord's errand. 

I'm excited for the new experiences I'll have in Park Orchard Ward. I can't wait to tell you. 

Mom, I didn't get my package yet, but it'll most likely be there at transfers. I found a universal battery charger at Fred Meyer. Here are some pictures for you.








Thank you for everything. I can't wait to Skype you on Mother's Day!

Love,

Elder Herbert