Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Kent--April 27, 2015

Dear family,

I'm glad that things are going well for you. I'm having a great time in my new area. This zone conference is focusing on Sabbath Day observance and how we can help our investigators keep the Sabbath Day holy. Which is interesting because it was discussed in Sacrament meeting yesterday. Yesterday we had a miracle occur. A stranger showed up for sacrament meeting. We found out his name is "R S". He was investigating the church in another part of the mission and recently moved into our ward boundaries. He told us that he wants to get baptized! We set up an appointment with him for Wednesday evening.

I know that the Lord is hastening His work. He is providing a way for us to find people to teach. It was interesting to note how the Lord worked. This past week, we were trying day in and day out to find people. We went contacting for an hour each day, worked with members, and even knocked on a few doors. Nothing. In fact, all of our set appointments fell through. But we were blessed to see a miracle this Sunday. I'm so glad to be working in the Lord's Vineyard, bringing souls to Him. No other work could be more satisfying or joy-filled. If you participate in missionary and family history work, you will be blessed with a greater measure of the spirit, your testimony will increase, and you'll be protected against Satan's temptations. I'm so glad I have this opportunity to serve. I know without a doubt that it is the Lord's work.

I hope you have a great week. Let me know about Mikayla's new internship, and about Justin and Jule's baby! Good luck on your new job dad! I'm excited to see you on Mother's day.    

Ps. That's funny it's been raining over there because it's nice and sunny up here! It was a little cloudy yesterday and it sprinkled a bit, but it was nice the rest of the day.

Here's a selfie of me with a haircut I gave myself last week.



Love, Elder Herbert