Monday, March 16, 2015

Puyallup--March 16, 2015

Dear family,

I'm so glad to hear from you all! I'm having a wonderful time in the service of the Lord. I'm so grateful to be here, because I know that it's exactly where the Lord wants me to be. It is also such a beautiful place. I love the green, mossy forests, and rolling hills. It makes it challenging on bike. But lots of fun too! The members in this ward are wonderful. There are many who understand their roles as member missionaries just like you do. I'm so proud of you all sharing the gospel with friends and family. Jessica, I'm glad you had the opportunity to teach. I knew you would be good at anything you put your mind to. Think about how you could use that skill in the future. Maybe you can go and serve a mission as well and bring a lot of people to know the truth. I promise you it would be worth your time. I could really see you grow and develop as a sister missionary. Aaron, I'm glad you are excited to start High School. Really think about what you could do to prepare for a mission as well. It will be your most important priesthood duty besides being a husband and father. It has been difficult, no doubt, but it has helped me grow in ways I never thought I could. Mom, I actually enjoy cleaning my apartment now and it frustrates me when stuff is cluttered all over the place. Dad, I now see the value of setting and achieving worthwhile goals. Once I learned the Lord wants us to measure our progress and set goals to do better, I started thinking about how I could do it. Sarah, I'm glad you are enjoying school and friends. I hope your Lego League competition goes well. And I'll give you the same counsel I gave Jessica and Aaron. I want you to think about serving a mission in the future.

I was thinking about how to recharge the camera battery, because I lost the cord that goes with the camera charger box. Should I buy another camera charger when I get my new card? I would love to take more pictures and send them to you, but my battery is dead. :(  I'll find a way to do it. I also look forward to Mother's Day. Thank you for all that you do for me. 

Love,

Elder Herbert