Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Puyallup--March 3, 2015

Dear family,

I'm excited to be here another transfer in the Manorwood ward! I had a great time with Elder Brown. My new companion is Elder Graham. I'm going to meet him in a few hours. We have been working really well with the members. I'm excited about how enthusiastic the members are with sharing the gospel. Some of them have a lot of fears, but they have conquered their fears and invited friends to meet with the missionaries. Nothing too eventful happened in my area, but for the last couple of days, I spent my time with the Zone Leaders in the South Hill ward. It was an incredible experience. They got really excited because we met an inactive member named "L C". Sister "C" is full-blooded Native American! She has two children, "K" who is 8, and "M" who is 10. We were explaining what scriptures were to her little kids, and she said it was like the Native American stories, except written down. In her culture, they have oral stories that are passed from one generation to another. They are symbolized with pictures and totems, but they are only depicted for reminders. They have to remember the actual story. Some of the stories they tell are only told at certain times of the year. It was incredible. I love Native American culture. I hope all is well, and I'm excited to tell you how things go next week.

Love,

Elder Herbert