Monday, February 23, 2015

Puyallup--February 17, 2015

Dear family,

I am glad to hear how you are all doing so well. Dad, I'm glad you started your new job recently. Jessica, how exciting! I'm glad that you have a calling in the ward. I hope you do well in it. I'm doing pretty good. Mom, the Doctor called to tell me that our insurance doesn't cover primary physician care outside of Utah, so I don't know what to do in order to get my medication. The fee for a visit every time is $85. I'm going to call the mission president's wife and get it straightened out for this time. I also ended up spending more than I had getting my bike and its supplies. I apologize but I needed things like gloves, fenders, bike seat, bolts, and a kickstand. Brother Newbold ended up paying for me and now I need a way to pay him back. I am planning on taking all the money I had on my card and giving it to him and somehow getting the extra money to him later. I got my tax return in the mail from C-3. Could you send me instructions on how to complete it? Thanks a bunch. I hope this isn't too stressful. Hopefully the ward could help out if we need it. 

On the missionary side of things, the work is going well. We had two investigators, "I" and "R", come to church on Sunday. Elder Brown and I ended up teaching the Gospel Principles lesson and it was on baptism. We had a lot of converts in the class testify of how baptism gave them a remission of sins. It was great! "R" has been reading in the Book of Mormon, but "I" hasn't. "E" and "A" didn't make it this Sunday because "E" had to go to work and "A" doesn't like to go without him.  We have a lesson set up with them for later this week. "A"'s mother came from Ukraine. She doesn't speak a lick of English. 

Thanks for sending the letter, but all mail is to go through the mission office. I just wanted to send you my apartment address so you could look it up on Google maps. Just remember to always send it through the mission office and they will get it to me in time. Those are the rules. I looked up the reference 2 Chronicles 5:13 and it wasn't even remotely close to what was on the card! It was really strange. I wondered if they got the reference right or if the translation of the Bible they used was way out of wack. Anyways, I'm so glad to have received the card. I am reminded always of your love. I hope that you all do well this week.  

Love,

Elder Herbert