Thursday, September 18, 2014

More MTC Musings

Mom,

I'm so happy for Eric and Tasha. Send them my love and congratulations. Violet is a beautiful name. Give my love to aunt Martha as well.

Tell dad to continue family history work. We were taught in Sunday evening devotional by Sunday School General President Tad Callister. He said that Christ opened up the gulf between spirit paradise and prison in order to allow passage between them. This principle is taught in parable in the sixteenth chapter of Luke. Lazarus, the beggar, was taken up into Abraham's bosom, or spirit paradise. A certain rich man was taken to hell, or spirit prison. He asked Abraham to send Lazarus with a drop of water in order to quench his thirst. Abraham said in verse 26, "And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence." The rich man replied, saying, "I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five bretheren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham said, "They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them." The rich man then replied, "Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent." Abraham said, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
I'm so glad you pray for me, but remember to pray also for the people I teach. I do that everyday. I'm glad to know you are all doing well.

Love,

Elder Herbert



Dad,
Thank you so much Dad. I'm glad that we can uplift one another. Just remember that the Lord provides for each one of us, and He will never forget the covenants that He has made with us. As we all strive to do what He asks, even if it is hard, we will be blessed. I love you very much, and I encourage you to be strong in your most important calling, the patriarch of the home. Always remember to be faithful to that calling. As for myself, I will always be faithful to my calling. Here at the MTC I have witnessed my own miraculous conversion, and I hope to convert to the Lord everyday, and help others do the same.
Love always,
Elder Herbert