Thursday, September 18, 2014

In the Field

Yes, Elder Moon was in my zone at the MTC. He is awesome. I think his first area is Enumclaw. My trainer is Elder Tibbitts. He is from Idaho Falls. Our transfer area is Renton. I'm typing this e-mail in the Renton Highlands public library. It is his last transfer, and for the one day I have been here, it's been incredible. I have so much hope for the area. Renton is an urban center, about the size of Ogden, but so much more diverse. There are Chinese, Koreans, East Europeans, Japanese, Islanders, East Indians, Native Americans, and African Americans.

A couple of people showed so much enthusiasm for learning the gospel. A woman we met street contacting, "S", was baptized in the baptist faith, but she is looking for something else. She also wants her twelve year old son to come to church. We got her address and phone number, and we are going to contact her in a day or so.  Another man, "D", is taking lessons from the Jehovah's Witnesses. He told us he's met the Mormon missionaries before, but he likes talking about religion, so we also got his contact information. 

Other people started walking a lot faster when we began to approach them. 

Thank you so much for your e-mail, and I hope to hear from you soon. 

Love,

Elder Herbert