Friday, September 25, 2015

Auburn-September 21, 2015

Dear family,

I am so happy to hear from you. I certainly love this state. It is incredible. There is a lot of work to be done. There are so many people in this mission that are prepared to hear the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, we just have to find them. It can get discouraging in this area. We have a really hard time finding new investigators. I feel confident, however, that as we do our best to talk with people and get the ball rolling, we can enlist the help of members, and the work will explode. Our mission president sent an e-mail with this picture attached. This is a family that was baptized last Saturday. They were found with the help of ward members. Look at how happy those sister missionaries look!! Isn't it so exciting? I know for sure that the gospel is restored and that if we do our best to bring souls unto Christ, God will certainly help us out!

God loves each and every one of his children and He wants them to return home to live with Him. The only way to do that is for them to be baptized through the priesthood authority of God. I know that is what gives me the greatest confidence to talk with everyone I see. But sometimes I get nervous and I forget that. I need to remember that God wants ALL of His children back to live with Him. That is why we need to talk to EVERYONE. 

We have a few potential investigators. In fact, we taught a little bit of the restoration to one as he was sitting under a tree and it was raining outside. He gave us his number and apartment number and told us to call him. We found a Chinese exchange student that is living with a host family and gave us his number. He wants to come to church with us!

Things are definitely going to start happening, I can feel it. I just hope that I can catch up when they do! ;)

Love,

Elder Herbert