Monday, August 10, 2015

Kent--August 10, 2015

Dear family,

Thank you so much for sending me the birthday package. I especially love the tie you sent and the tie pin. I hope you got the pictures that "S P" sent you. We had dinner at their house on my birthday last night. She made lemon meringue pie. She told us that she's never made it before. She had to start over twice, so dinner wasn't ready for an hour later! Oh well. It was good pie. I hope you and Sister "P" start up a good friendship mom. She's an incredible woman. She owns a yoga studio, and she has two twin boys with autism. She had them later in life. Her husband is not a member. She's incredibly gifted at sharing the gospel, and she has opportunities at least once a day. I keep asking myself how she does it, but all she has to do is be prepared with a Book of Mormon, really desire for it to happen, and be super friendly with everyone. It helps that she's outgoing. She just strikes up conversations with everyone she meets. You have her number now. Keep texting her. She's awesome.

Elder Herbert's 20th Birthday!


This next week is transfers. I might be leaving to a new area, but I'll let you know what happens. Brother "S" came to gospel principles class for the first time. The lesson was on family responsibilities. It was great. He already knew half of the people in that class. He also got a chance to clean the chapel on Saturday. I'm glad that he's getting so involved with the ward. He can't work because he's going on disability. Sister "P" suggested that we get him to volunteer at the Bishop's Storehouse. We might take her up on that idea.

Keep praying for our investigators. I love you all so much. Thank you for your support.

Love,

Elder Herbert