Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Kent--August 18, 2015

Dear family,

Today is transfers!!!!!! I got transferred to the Lake Holm ward in the Auburn stake. I'm so excited to serve there. I'm getting a new companion that speaks Chinese. His name is Elder Jiao. I'm really excited. I can't wait to tell you all the fun experiences I'll have. Sister “P” took some pictures that I'm sending with this e-mail. Because it was my last day in the ward, yesterday she bought me a coconut cream pie! It was delicious.  

I have learned so much in these last two transfers. I can honestly say that the experiences I had, both good and bad have shaped me into a better missionary and servant of the Lord. I feel like I am becoming more capable of loving unlovable people. I look to the example of our Savior who showed charity to every soul. I feel more of a drive to serve God at times when it's the hardest. The only thing I can do to find the desire is to love these people with all my heart. I have already started praying for Christ-like love for all the people in my new area, members and non-members alike. 

I received a letter from Sister "L S" the same time you all sent me birthday cards (thank you for that by the way). Her story touched me. It came at precisely the time I needed it. She told me of her mother's conversion and the difficulties her daughter had on her mission. I will be forever grateful. I want to let you know that I keep all of your letters in a shoe box. I have to buy stamps so I can write back! 

I care for you and wish you the best.

Love,


Elder Herbert