Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Kent--July 27, 2015

Elder Herbert (top left) at Zone Conference.

Dear family,

This week was a good one. It started getting cooler and cloudier. It's awesome that we get to take a break from the blazing hot sun. I sent you a picture of all the missionaries in my zone. I hope you like it. I'm sorry mom, but I haven't been able to find my camera. I think I may have left it in the apartment in Manorwood. I'll have to check my bags again. I'll let you know if I find it. I will keep sending you pictures from zone conference though! That way you can still tell if I'm alive. 

We met an amazing woman this week. Her name is Sister “M”. She and her son are converts to the church. They joined last month on June 6th! She currently lives outside of our mission in Lacey, WA. She got a hold of us because some of her friends here in Kent are moving to Eastern WA and they needed help moving. She thought it would be great to call the elders that lived in their area! She's originally from PA. I told her that's where I was born and she asked what part. I told her Lancaster, and she said that she lived close by. The area code for her phone number is 507. She told us the move would be a great missionary opportunity. Afterward we went over to a member's home and sent them as a referral to their new address. We also contacted the bishop of that ward to inform him of the referral. Their new house is only a block away from the church building! They also live within 15 minutes of the Colombia River temple. Sister “M” took us grocery shopping and bought us a whole bunch of junk food! She's awesome!

Later this week, we found some new potential investigators. I met a lady named “S” on Saturday. I just said hi and walked over to her porch and started teaching her the restoration. I asked her if she would be baptized if she found out it was true. She said she would. She had an eye patch. Elder Holden asked what happened to her eye, and it somehow transitioned to the gospel. That was a cool experience. 

None of our investigators made it to church this week. Brother “S” was sick, and we lost contact with the “T” family. We'll see what happens with them. I hope they didn't move. I keep praying that we'll find new people to teach, and their hearts will be softened. Elder Holden and I are trying to set up lessons with members.

Anyways, I know that I'm doing the most important work. At least I'm trying to fulfill my calling to the best of my ability. Please keep the ward in your prayers as well. I'm not sure if I'm staying or leaving after this transfer. I know that the Lord knows where I'm supposed to go. I trust that he has a purpose for me being here and has a purpose for every area I serve in.

There are holes in the bottom of my shoes now. Could you send me a pair of waterproof shoes for my birthday? That's really all I need. I love you all so much.

Love,


Elder Herbert