Monday, January 5, 2015

Renton--January 5, 2015

Dear family,
 
Now is the time to be more bold and loving in proclaiming the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There really is only one way to return and live with God. We know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, as restored through the prophet Joseph Smith, is the only true and correct church on the face of the earth. Continue to testify of that truth.
 
Jessica, the weather in Washington is cold and rainy. It's always cloudy! It hardly ever snows. If it snows, people leave their cars in the middle of the road and walk! It's really funny. But it only snowed once so far. Aaron, it's ok I have the pretzel recipe and I'm actually making some tonight.
 
Elder Bennett and I had a really rough week. We didn't find any new investigators, and "M H", our best investigator got sick with strep throat. All our appointments cancelled on us, and people were very rude. But, we are following the advice of President Eaton and trying to find and teach families. Families like the "M"s. If we teach people the importance of families in God's plan, I know we will be able to find people to teach. It just takes lots of time and perseverance.
 
SOOO many people get offended when you boldly proclaim the truth. But I know it's because the guilty take the truth to be hard. It gets really frustrating, but sometimes you just have to keep trudging along. 
 
It's a good thing I know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. I love you all and wish you the best.
 
With love,
 
Elder Herbert