Monday, December 15, 2014

Renton--December 15, 2014

Elder Seth Herbert
Dearest family,

I am doing well. It's my third transfer in Skyway and I'm here with my new companion Elder Bennett. This transfer, we want to work on building trust with the members of the ward. I think that if we do that, we'll get places and the ward will explode with a missionary-oriented attitude. Bishop is presenting a 2015 ward mission and family history plan this upcoming  January. Elder Bennett and I are going to work with the members and get them excited to do missionary work. We have not been able to get a hold of "E"'s friend, but she told us she would chat with her on Facebook today. We should be able to meet her soon. "E" and her friend "J" are moving with her to Alaska this January to work for a three month season in a seafood packing company and then will come back to Washington for six months and repeat the process.

Sisters, Elder Tibbits, and Elder Herbert
Elder Bennett and I have called our investigator "M" everyday in order to give her reading assignments in the Book of Mormon. Then we follow up on her reading assignment from last time. Unfortunately, "S" and her family don't seem interested anymore. We'll give her a couple of redeeming chances and move on. We're focusing on teaching a referral named "J". Hopefully we'll get a chance to have a lesson soon. Then we'll ask the "S" family about some of their friends that formerly investigated the church.

I wish you all the best,

Elder Herbert